Monday 11 February 2013

Magento Admin CSS, JS & URL problem after website transfer

Scenario:
I moved a Magento shop from one sever to another. And, I am having the following problems:-
- The CSS and Javascript files are not loading properly in admin section. However, the frontend section is working fine. When I view the source code, I see that the CSS path is not the full skin path URL. There is adminhtml/default/default/reset.css instead of http://example.com/skin/adminhtml/default/default/reset.css.

- The admin URL is not proper. I am getting repetitive URL. Like index.php/admin/index.php/admin
Solution:
I searched over the internet and found the solution on StackOverflow. The same question is asked on MagentoCommerce Forum. I am just sharing the same solution over here.
The solution is to:-
- open table core_config_data
- correct the value for web/unsecure/base_url and web/secure/base_url
- set the value to 0 for both dev/js/merge_files and dev/css/merge_css_files
However, all these were okay in my core_config_data table.
The final suggestion was to
- clear cache by deleting var/cache directory
& this solved my problem.
Hope it helps. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment